Reservations Consultant (Casual) - Whitsundays
Cruise Whitsundays is the winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
We currently seeking a motivated and experienced Reservation Consultant to join our team on a casual basis!
Our Reservations Consultants are responsible for the warm and friendly reception and customer service of all our tour guests. We are seeking experienced self-motivated individuals to join our team of Consultants in our offices located at Port of Airlie, Hamilton Island Marina and Hamilton Island Airport for our continued success and growth.
Your Primary duties within this role include:
- The exceptional customer service of all passengers and guests.
- The sale and processing of all Cruise Whitsundays tours and services.
- The completion of back of house administration duties.
- The communication and liaison with other Cruise Whitsundays departments and external agents to provide up-to date information about all Cruise Whitsundays services.
- A key focus on driving direct bookings and sales.
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and experience
- Strong personal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and administration skills
- A background in Sales or Reservations working towards sales KPIs
- Previous experience in Reservations booking system (or similar)
- The ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Immaculate communication skills both written and oral
- Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Current drivers licence - this will be required when working on Hamilton Island
You will be required to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings. Reservations working hours fall between 6:00am and 8:00pm, 7 days of the week.
Local knowledge of the Whitsundays and Marine Tourism experience will be highly regarded, although not essential.