Vessel Master/Marine Engineer (MED 1) - Whitsundays
Cruise Whitsundays is the winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced Vessel Master/Engineer (Current Master IV (>35m) / Current MED I) to join the team on a full-time basis with a lifestyle roster! This position is central to ensuring our guests experience is an adventure and is responsible for the complete operation and safety of the vessel whilst at sea.
The successful candidate will, through relevant procedures, be responsible to maintain the safe mechanical operation of vessels ensuring all repairs are conducted safely and efficiently.
You will be a confident individual with excellent communication to engage our guests ensuring an excellent guest experience, as well as being a highly organised manager who provides leadership and direction to all crew team members.
To be successful in your application you will be required to have:
- Experienced Marine Engineer with MED I qualification (preferably within the Marine Tourism industry)
- Current Master IV (>35m)
- Current First Aid Certificate, with AED and O2
- High level of marine engine and system knowledge
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and introducing practical safety measures
- Understanding of maintaining a safety management system and completing the necessary documentation
- Excellent customer service skills ensuring to meet the guest expectations
- Experience with high speed vessels and commercial vessel management
- Excellent ability to manage time and have strong organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with customer service resolution skill
- Strong people management with the ability to provide positive direction and management of crew
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
Flexibility is also needed as weekends and extended working hours may be a requirement, based on the needs of the business.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about being an exceptional leader on the water, apply today to be part of the team at Cruise Whitsundays!