Alice Springs Team Leader
About the business
Journey Beyond is a dynamic experienced-based tourism business. Our main purpose is to share the special places in which we operate and create and shape lasting memories for all our guests. Our Rail Division, previously known as Great Southern Rail (“GSR”) operates Australia’s iconic rail journeys, The Ghan, Indian Pacific, The Overland and our new addition to the fleet the Great Southern launching in December this year from Adelaide to Brisbane.
About the role
This critical role is responsible for coordinating the high standard services and drive efficient operational services across all aspects of operations at the Alice Springs terminal for all arriving and departing trains. The Team Leader also manages, develops, coaches and supports the team of service operators.
Reporting to the Terminal Manager some of your tasks will include;
- Drive quality standards of cleaning and housekeeping services on-train and in the terminal;
- Coordinating service operation activities, including servicing the train and luggage handling;
- Oversee guest experiences, concierge services and check-in;
- Supervision and coordination of the service operators;
- Proactively seek out areas within the business to improve presentation standards;
- Facilitate regular audits to ensure high quality standards are maintained;
- Provide continual training and development support with regard to standards and procedures;
- Ensure appropriate tools/equipment are provided to employees in the course of their duties; and
- Maintain staff presentation standards, compliant with grooming policy and uniform standards.
The position is physically demanding, and will require the successful candidate to be able to operate calmly under time pressure while continuing to provide exceptional service, guest experience and team leadership. In addition, the successful applicant will require flexibility with their working hours to align to the businesses operation.
The successful applicant must have strong verbal and written communication abilities. A strong eye for detail and efficient organisational management skills are highly desired. Immaculate personal presentation, professionalism and positive attitude.
Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and hazardous substances is required. Relevant experience in a supervisory position is desirable.
Applications close 12 July 2019