Journey Operations Manager
About the business
Journey Beyond is a dynamic experienced-based tourism business. Our main purpose is to share the special places in which we operate and create and shape lasting memories for all our guests. Our Rail Division, previously known as Great Southern Rail (“GSR”) operates Australia’s iconic rail journeys, The Ghan, Indian Pacific, The Overland and our new addition to the fleet the Great Southern launching in December this year from Adelaide to Brisbane.
About the role
We are currently looking for the ideal employee to join us in the newly created role of Journey Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting all guest-facing aspects of on-train including supplier engagement to ensure a consistent high-quality service delivery across all journeys operated through the Journey Beyond Rail Division.
Reporting to the General Manager Guest Experiences, some of your duties will include;
- Proactive management of the Net Promoter Score, reporting on guest satisfaction scores whilst providing feedback to suppliers.
- Provide support to the management team on board to ensure a consistent high standard of service is maintained across all crews.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, design and support the continuous improvement of all off-train experiences.
- Manage the audit process of all off-train experiences, monitoring the performance against targets and cost, implementing the roll out of improvements.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement program.
- Providing leadership and ongoing support to the Rostering Coordinator, responsible for the coordination of all on train crew.
- Negotiate and manage all suppliers, including sourcing, design, delivery and quality assurance of all experiences and suppliers.
Your success in this role will be achieved through your strong communication skills, attention to detail and proactive customer focused approach to building relationships with internal and external clients. You’ll have proven experience within a Hospitality or Tourism environment and delivering to KPIs, whilst being an agent of change.
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on continuous improvement and high-quality customer service.
Applications close 9 August 2019