Concierge Service Attendant
About the business
Journey Beyond is a dynamic experienced-based tourism business. Our main purpose is to share the special places in which we operate and create and shape lasting memories for all our guests. Our Rail Division, previously known as Great Southern Rail (“GSR”) operates Australia’s iconic rail journeys, The Ghan, Indian Pacific, The Overland and our new addition to the fleet the Great Southern launching in December this year from Adelaide to Brisbane.
About the role
We are looking for a Concierge Service Attendant to join the team at Sydney Central Station. In this role you would be responsible for providing high quality services and experiences to all arriving and departing guests, through all guest interactions and knowledgeable service.
The operational requirements will vary on each shift (based on business requirements), however successful applicants can expect their responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Set up of equipment on platforms for departure experience;
- Provide arriving and departing guests with high quality Concierge services, including check-in;
- Assist with luggage loading / unloading and collection services;
- Provide luggage porterage services;
- Assist to host guests on excursions and transfers where required;
- General administration work; and
- Other duties as requested
This position can be physically demanding and will require being on your feet for long periods of time and walking between the rail terminal platforms. All successful applicants will require flexibility with their working hours (with the hours primarily performed on Wednesdays).
A uniform will be provided to allow you to maintain professionalism and personal presentation in line with our company personality
Candidates with previous experience in either Hotel Concierge Services or Hospitality Customer Service are desirable.
Applications close 5 September 2019.