- Work in the beautiful location of Airlie Beach - the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands!
- Be part of a friendly, relaxed team!
About the Organisation
Cruise Whitsundays is winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
Cruise Whitsundays is seeking a Pontoon Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will, through relevant procedures, be responsible for the servicing, maintenance upkeep and functionality of ancillary vessels, machinery & equipment at the pontoons ensuring the best possible facilities for our day & overnight guests. Additionally, they are responsible for the training and supervision of the overnight pontoon crew members.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintain presentation of the Pontoons and Auxiliary vessels
- Responsible for customer service and product delivery
- Responsible for Start-up and Shut down of Generators and Engines
- Comply with Cruise Whitsundays Safety Management systems
- Be proactive with continuous improvement and efficiency
- Have an eye for detail
- Have a general aptitude for maintenance and engineering
- Can lead a small team by example
- Clear communication skills
- Promote company values
- Stock control
- Train new crew on board the pontoon in all in water practices as well as any of the pontoon/ancillary vessels
- Oversee the daily pontoon tasks and supervision of pontoon employees
- Responsibility for ensuring maintenance is undertaken on board and defects are recorded
- Rescue and lookout duties for guests
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Deckhand or Pontoon Crew member with extensive Marine Tourism experience, with the ability to:
- Work autonomously with vessel handling experience
- Be flexible and reliable, have excellent customer service skills, be well presented and have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have a Coxswains (Open) and MED III, with a Master V and MED II (advantageous)
- Possess a Maritime Radio Operator’s Licence, Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate and First Aid Certificate, with AED and O2
- Can conduct risk assessments and introduce practical safety measures
- Working knowledge on how to conduct safety drills
- Comprehend inclement weather procedures (Cyclone procedures) and understand weather forecasts
Your roster will require extended periods of living on the pontoon.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with a can-do approach. Good communication skills are key, as is your drive and motivation to 'get the job done'.
Some flexibility is also needed as working weekends will be a requirement.
To submit your application for this exciting role please answer the following questions and attach a copy of your resume at the end of the application form.