Operations Manager - Marine
Journey Beyond is an exciting and newly established dynamic national business focused on bringing Australia’s most iconic experiences to life. Our Marine Division includes Cruise Whitsundays, a day cruise operator in the Whitsundays region, Queensland.
Cruise Whitsundays offers a variety of incredible day cruise experiences and activities - in and around the Whitsundays Islands National Park and the Great Barrier Reef – as well as providing vessel transfers between all the major islands, the airport and mainland.
About the Opportunity
Based in Airlie Beach QLD (the Whitsundays) and reporting to the General Manager, we are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead the business whilst also being responsible for ensuring that all operations are safely and effectively deployed to achieve the highest quality of guest experience.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining first class standards throughout the marine operations.
- Delivering outcomes with a focus on revenue, without compromising on quality.
- Leading and motivating a large crew to deliver the company product, safely and efficiently.
- Ensuring compliance with GBRMPA, QPWS, Council and other regulatory bodies.
- Plan and manage the life cycle of company vessels and pontoons, including purchasing, refurbishment and replacement.
- Working collaboratively with Maintenance to coordinate, plan and execute the fleet maintenance program.
- Lead and develop the Operations team ensuing that project requirements and deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and adherence of budgets.
To be considered for the role, the successful candidate will have experience working in the Marine Industry with technical knowledge of marine engineering and demonstrated excellence in leadership, people and project management. Additionally, you must be commercial, analytical and have a strong bias for action.
This is a fantastic and rare leadership opportunity within an exceptional brand located in the beautiful Whitsundays. It really doesn't get much better! If you are looking for a sea change, relocation assistance will also be considered for the successful candiate.
If this sounds like you please apply through the link below with a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.