Shore-based Engineer - Whitsundays
Cruise Whitsundays is the winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Shore-Based Engineer to join the team! Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is primarily responsible for assisting the installation, operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment on our fleet in a safe and efficient manner.
Some Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with scheduled maintenance programs for all mechanical, electrical, air conditioning, sullage systems and safety equipment on a regular basis on the vessels, tenders, pontoon etc.
- Assist with the maintenance of main and auxiliary engines, hydraulic pumps and cylinders, water pumps, electric generators, lights, navigation system, ventilation systems, running gear and other equipment;
- Assist with the maintenance of generators, emergency steering and firefighting systems to ensure compliance;
- Diagnose system problems as and when they occur and ensure faults are repaired as soon as possible;
- Ensure all maintenance requirements and rectification works are recorded in the vessel maintenance log book;
- Maintain accurate logs and work orders through to job completion and sign off;
- Control and record stock removed from stores;
- Completion of adhoc maintenance tasks and repairs when mechanical issues arise.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and proactive with demonstrated marine engineering experience and supporting qualifications. You will be a team player with a demonstrated positive "can-do" attitude, be adaptable to work undertake various duties on-shore and on-water, and work well in a team environment.
- Previous experience working as an Engineer, preferably within the Marine industry.
- Hold relevant Engineering or trade qualifications (Diesel Fitter, Electrician, Welder). MED 1 highly regarded.
- High level of marine engine knowledge and skills (i.e. Deutz, Yanmar, Cat, MTU engines)
- Ability to problem solve using calculated logic
- Demonstrated functional and technical skills to solve issues quickly and efficiently
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and introducing practical safety measures
- Excellent ability to manage time and have strong organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- have an eyes open approach to all jobs to not only ensure the allocated job is completed but any associated faults are also captured
- excellent on job safety record and an understanding of safe work practices and paperwork
- Hold current First Aid Certificate
- Be flexible to work rostered shifts from 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, or as otherwise required.
Applicants with previous marine engineering experience will be highly regarded! If this sounds like you apply today to be part of the team at Cruise Whitsundays!