Shipwright - Whitsundays
Cruise Whitsundays is the winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a skilled full-time Shipwright to join the team on a 12-month fixed-term contract! Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is primarily responsible for the completion of refit and repair work as part of our vessel restoration project in a safe and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and proactive with demonstrated experience in vessel refits, maintenance and repair work. You will be a team player with a demonstrated positive "can-do" attitude, be adaptable to undertake various duties and work well in a team environment. You will be highly competent with fibreglass, resins, painting, timber joinery, fittings, repairs and installation work. Your attention to detail and workmanship is essential ensuring a high-quality final product.
- Previous experience working in a similar role (i.e. shipwright/boat building) and vessel construction knowledge will be highly regarded
- Relevant trade qualifications is essential
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, and eyes-open approach to all jobs to not only ensure the allocated job is completed but any associated faults/repairs works are also captured
- Ability to multi-task and complete other tasks outside of shipwright duties as required
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Demonstrated competent use of tools and equipment
- Excellent ability to manage time and have strong organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent on job safety record and an understanding of safe work practices and paperwork
- Hold current First Aid Certificate
- Be flexible to work rostered shifts.
If this sounds like you apply today to be part of the team at Cruise Whitsunday